Monday, March 31, 2008

Olas Peru

Pacasmayo was a sweeeeeet place, I think the smaller the place is the better in terms of interacting with local folks. Or maybe locals are just used to oddball surfers everywhere, so no lizardman freakshow reactions these past few days. Even met a pierced peruvian boy...wow.

The waves on Saturday were perfect for my level, especially using a lot shorter board. Further down at El Faro, they were a lot bigger. Scarily crashing on sharp rocks, so I decided against trying there.
There´s something compeltley enjoyable about seeing the sun set during 3 hours of playing around and forgetting about anything else but trying to catch the perfect wave. I hung with some young pacasmayan lads who were also getting used to smaller and thinner boards on both days. Sunday unfortunatley was a bit flat wave-wise so only went in for 2 hours.. I it was also my T shot day so felt quite tired and watched a few crap films on the box.

There is a big swell on Wednesday, so I´m off to Huanchaco today and do a bit of history\ cultural studies tommorrow -the Huaca of the Sun and The Moon. Then Wednesday hopefully hit Puerto Chicama, were the world´s longest left hand break is at...2km.
Nearly bought a second hand surf board this weekend, but maybe good that I didn´t. I´m not sure whether I´ve got the guts to do it in the freezing north sea!

After that I´m heading back to Lima, then doing the Macchu Picchui stuff - might not bother with the trek as I can´t be arsed to buy any shoes. Possibly a bit of Lake Titicaca, and finally the Mummy Juanita in Arequipa, before heading back north to Mancora and more surfing. There´s also a surf competition in Miraflores (Lima) on the 19th-20th April which if I´m about I might go check out...have a perve on Peru´s premium female surfer...

No comments: