Wednesday, March 26, 2008

El Perreo

Tarapoto:

The journey to this place was by far the best thing, had a few pre-journey beers with one of the collectivo drivers in a video bar opposite the garage. It didn't take a genius to work out el gordito was trying to drink faster and more beer than me, which cannot slip when sharing the same big bottle and two glasses - as per custom here. I can't help competing and my trained trans-bladder held the whole session until he pissed first. I was educated in Perreo and where to go to find clubs like this. (I already dance like this at least in my head)
By this time 2 more passengers had arrived so our collectivo car was full and off we went.
After the first 30 mins of silence, we eventually began talking about our mutual dislike of the cops, who in cuzco apparently are called Incas because the worship El Sol (i.e soles/currency/money/bribes) I chuckled to myself as i actually got the joke, but it was to be the only one of that journey. Didn't understand the other jokes apart from one unfunny gay joke not even amusing.
I arrived, determined to go El Pabillon to meet my pal from the bar and the guy who I talke politics with in the car. Unfortunatley I was knackered and kind of over being stared at like a freak for my ears and tattoos for the day. So i watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (reminding me I need to research that on google) plus quite a good semi animation about Lions called Zuki, la leoncita valiente. Brushing up on my spanish.

The next day I set off to get my bus ticket to Chiclayo, from the outskirts of town. Got a bargain trip of 14 hours for 50 soles, which was 30 soles cheaper than one competitor. Little did I know that this meant the toilet could only be used to pass water...which immediately made me need the other function and in for quite an uncomfortable journey. Luckily I managed to sleep for at least 7 hours non stop and then dozed here and there till we finally pulled up to the dusty city of Chiclayo.

No comments: